Computer Science at Rowan
The Computer Science department is committed to creating a student-centered learning environment that promotes close student-faculty relationships and enhances intellectual development.
The department also seeks to meet the educational needs of the community at large by offering several programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in Computing and Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Minor in Computer Science
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- Master's Degree in Data Analytics (in conjunction with the Mathematics department)
- Multiple undergraduate and graduate certificates
Here are some of the statistics of our Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science:
- Number of degrees conferred in 2014: 62
- Number of degrees conferred in 2015: 57
- Number of students enrolled (average per semester)
- in 2014: 304
- in 2015: 439
- in 2016: 574
Rowan University's degree program in Computer Science has been accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc., the recognized accreditor of college and university programs in applied science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology.
ABET accreditation demonstrates a program's commitment to providing its students with a quality education.
Our faculty are committed to contributing to the expansion of knowledge in the Computer Science discipline through teaching, research, and service.
Learn about our honor society chapter Upsilon Pi Epsilon and our computing society chapters ACM and ACMw, and other information about our students.